paris, je t'aime

17 February 2011

glad i had humor to get me through this hella long day!

so i had to wake up super early this morning because i had class at 8 a.m.
...
...
...
i didn't get out of class until 8 p.m.
...
...
...
holy moses.

granted, i had some breaks in between all of this. but i've come to realize that thursdays are the worst days ever for me. i have oral comprehension from 8 to 9, phonetics from 9 to 10, language from 1:30 to 3:30, and then literature/culture from 6 to 8. and it was really funny because my phonetics teacher is a hoot and a holler, let me tell you. she is absolutely zany and kooky. just my kind of person! i was definitely the kid in school who liked all the bizarre teachers that no other kids liked. anyway, my phonetics teacher was showing us how to make different hard "c" sounds with different vowels following. well, for her example of pronouncing a word with "ca" in it, she decided to use the word "cacao," which is cocoa, or chocolate. but she said it realllllllly slowly, like, "ca...ca...o." and after the second "ca" the whole class just busted up laughing. why, you ask? because we thought she was done saying the word. we thought she had said, "caca," which, in french, is "poop." hahahaha. when she realized what had happened she was cracking up, too. and she tried to go back to teaching but everyone just had the giggles. it was great. and then, to make this class even better, she had messed up a word on the white board and yelled, "raté!" which in french is "failed!" and it just reminded me of how people in america say "fail" after doing something wrong. so that made me chuckle, too. :) i love her.

i used my first break of the day to come home and take a shower, eat lunch, and talk to my sister for a little bit. i used my second break to have some tea with colette and talk to ell for a little bit. and i was telling him about how i really didn't want to go to class, especially because it was literature/culture... culture of the french medieval times. and he said, "i think that sounds interesting." and i said, "a class about the medieval times?" and, being the weird guy he is, he said, "yeah, they did some crazy shit back then! like vagina spikes and stuff!" hahahaha vagina spikes?! yeah, those things that they would use to torture people with. i don't know about any of you, but when i think of medieval times, i think of knights and castles and damsels in distress. NOT torturous vagina spike mechanisms. that was one of the highlights of my day, indeed. (but honestly, i think those big spike things were meant for one's butt... either way, it sounds like one of the worst ways to be tortured and/or killed. and that's a form of jousting i never want to know about!)

and after getting out of my last class, i was super hungry, and so were all my classmates, so we all decided to go out to eat. (which is perfect for me, since i can't make my own dinner at home. bleh! okay i'm done talking about that now.) so we walked around for maybe like 45 minutes trying to decide on where to go, mostly because whiney, bratty frat boy was picky and indecisive and annoying. and i was starting to get pissy myself simply because he was in my presence. and i was extremely hungry. finally, we settled for a cambodian restaurant. i had curry chicken because i wanted to support the curry's. well... that's a lie. i'm not very adventurous with my food, and i had tried curry flavored things before and i was pretty okay with it, so that felt like a safe decision. plus, it was just calling my name. (...get it?! =] thanks for my awesome cheesy joke-telling skills, dad!) but it was pretty good. there was squash, green beans, and potatoes in the mix, and i also had a side of noodles. which was good because there are some foods that i kinda like, i just can't eat too much of them before the taste starts to get to me. curry is one of those foods, along with shrimp and fish. but by the time we were done eating, i was ready to go home. i mean i had a pretty good night, yeah. i'm pretty tired right now, and it's just exhausting having to deal with someone who is so rude and negative and annoying all damn night. i mean, i honestly can get along with practically anyone because i'm just very accepting of others' differences and personalities and behaviors..... or maybe i'm just full of myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment